Our History

elem sch

St. Joseph’s School
was constructed in late 1949 and early 1950, being dedicated on June 18, 1950. The original school had four classrooms and the auditorium and was staffed by three School Sisters of Notre Dame, who arrived on August 28, 1950. The original class of the school when it officially opened on September 11, 1950, consisted of 180 children in grades one through six.


Enrollment grew with each passing year, as did the school’s overall facility. Within two years of the original opening (1952), four more classrooms were added to the original building. In 1960 a second school building was constructed which added an additional eight classrooms, a library, and additional administrative offices.